This bodice was the most common bodice of the 1860’s and a style worn by women of all ages.
It is fitted tight to the body with two vertical darts in the front and the curved lines of the back.
Key features of the bodice include:
· Long shoulder seams fall off the shoulder and towards the back.
· Jewel neck-lined bodice fastens at the center front.
· Side seams are towards the back.
· Armholes (armscye) shaped to appear diagonal and sewn with piping.
· Modified Pagoda Sleeves are cut full at the elbow.
Instructions are included for installing hook and eye tape and piping neckline and armscyes.
The bodice is designed to be worn with detachable collars and sleeve jockeys. (TSA-Sleeve Jockeys ad Cuffs and TSA-502 Chemisettes ad Collars).
Combine with a Timeless Stitches skirt pattern to create a perfect day dress or basic work dress. (TSS-201 Double Opening Skirt, TSS-202 Gauged Skirt and TSS-203 Gored Skirt all work well.)
This pattern is available in two size groups. Please compare your bust measurement to the chart below to decide your pattern choice.
2 1/2 yds 45” wide fashion fabric/ same amount for lining
* 3 - 3 1/2 yds for Plus sizes
18” hook and eye tape or 9 buttons for optional buttons and holes
Fine cord for your piping
To install hook and eye tape you will require a fabric punch or awl, and a wash-out marking
Trims of choice